Catme’s 1st Place Battle Road Gloria 2017 Chubu region qualifier Team report
Hello again, my name is Catme and today I want share the team that I used to win the Ai-Off Gloria Qualifier preliminary tournament. This team is very interesting, consisting of a core of 4 fairy pokemon, so I hope you will enjoy reading this report.
Ai-Off Gloria Qualifier preliminary tournament: 1st place
Pokemon Showdown Ladder: 1985(Muscle), 1968(Catme)
How the team was built
This season I have been using a lot of teams that have a defensive play style and slowly wither away at the opponent, so I wanted to use a team that is more aggressive to change things up. After trying out a couple of teams, I caught word that Muscle (@poke06281488) was using the 6 pokemon of Whimsicott, Tapu Koko, Tapu bulu, Tapu Fini, Arcanine and Metagross and I fell in love with how it can catch opponents off guard in a BO1. I was able to get details of the team from him and although I like to make couple of adjustments to teams I take from other people, this team was already complete as it was so I only spent time running damage calculations and getting used to the team. Ultimately, this is 99% Muscle’s team and I can’t thank him enough for letting me use it and allowing me to win the tournament.
About Nature’s Power
The move Nature’s Power is what makes this team unique and is something that isn’t seen much in regular battles. I’d like to give some details about the move before going in depth since some of you might not be familiar with it.
Type: Normal Base
Power: Terrain dependent
Accuracy: Terrain dependent
Misty terrain: Moonblast
Grassy terrain: Energy Ball
Electric terrain: Thunderbolt
Psychic terrain: Psychic
Non: Tri Attack
1. By holding a NormaliumZ, It is possible to use a Z move based off Nature’s Power however the type and base power will depend on the terrain. For example, in Misty Terrain, the move will become Twinkle Tackle, and in Grassy Terrain it will be Bloom Doom.
2. It is categorized as a status move so if a pokemon with Prankster uses it, the priority will be +1.
3. If a pokemon with Prankster uses it in Psychic Terrain, it will fail.
Hopefully these facts help you understand this report better.
Whimsicott @ Normalium Z
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
– Nature Power
The main pokemon of this team. This team relies on Whimsicott taking as much advantage as possible by hitting it’s Z move effectively and being alive until the late game.
The moves consist of Nature’s Power, which is the concept of this team, Moonblast which is used to hit Dark types which negate Nature’s Power, Encore to control the opponent, and Protect to keep Whimsicott alive as long as possible.
Even if the opponent uses speed control…
- JUNIO’s 2nd Place Kanto Regional Team Report[VGC2017]
- Syaron’s Tap Koko-Ninetales(Alola) [VGC2017]
- Catme’s Garchomp-Celesteela [VGC2017]
- Markus Stadter’s 1st Place DreamHack Leipzig Report
- Chuppa Cross’s Top 8 Georgia Regionals Team Report[VGC2017]
- Sejun’s Tapu fini – PorygonZ Report [VGC2017]
- VGC 2017 Metagame Report January
- From World Champion to the Mean Streets – a day 2 London Internationals report[VGC2017]
- バトルロードグロリア2017全国大会まとめ 2017.03.24
- 【WCSレートS1最高1位】レヒレポリZレポート[VGC2017] 2017.01.02
- 【バトルロードグロリア中国予選 優勝】 スカーフフライゴン偽装トリパ[VGC2017] 2017.03.24
- 【せやなオープンⅠ 優勝】 ギガイアス＆ポリゴン２スイッチ剣[VGC2017] 2017.03.27
- 【北陸オフ３位】 ライバニラ[VGC2017] 2017.03.25
- 王冠利用Lv.100までのレベル上げまとめ 2016.11.24
- サンムーン孵化効率検証。最速孵化はどの走り方か 2016.11.21
- VGC2017使用可能ポケモンリスト 2016.11.14
- ポケモン構築一覧 2016.08.05
- [Regional]アメリカ・オレゴン州ポートランド地区大会まとめ 2017.03.27