From World Champion to the Mean Streets – a day 2 London Internationals report[VGC2017]
The circumstances of this tournament weren’t the best for Europeans, it was the most important tournament of the year for us CP wise and it took place only 2 weeks after the release of Sun and Moon (and during this period I was away from home for 1 weeek, as if that wasnt enough lol).
Despite the situation, I tried to do my best with the resources I had.
Round9. vs げべぼ(gebebo)
DAY2. vs Alejandro Gomez
When I first analyzed the new viable resources, something that caught my attention was Alolan-Ninetales, I personally enjoy a lot playing hail teams and Ninetales looked like a really good pokemon to me, because of it’s large movepool, Aurora Veil and the ability to beat dragon and grass types.
Another pokemon I found interesting was Pheromosa. Many players I talked to were overlooking it because of it’s bad defenses, but I like playing very offensive teams and Pheromosa has the ability to outspeed and kill a lot of different pokemon in the format.
I decide to start my teambuilding with this duo because I liked how Pheromosa fighting coverage completed Ninetales ice one, and how ninetales Aurora Veil could help Pheromosa to survive attacks.
The very first version of the team looked like this
This version was good, my winrate was pretty satisfying but once the metagame started to develop I also started to notice it’s cons. Arcanine and Wishiwashi were doing less damage than I wanted, Porygon 2 was getting the SAtk boost pretty rarely, Metagross was not needed very often). Therefore I started trying out many different options and pokemonin order to fix what I thought was not working (I normally take long periods to get used to feel comfortable with new teams, which is why I decided to not change the team core for this time, even if I happened to think what I was using was not optimal).
In the end the finished team was:
Ninetales-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 HP / 252SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
– Freeze Dry
– Aurora Veil
Core of the team. Like I said before, it has good endurance, thanks to the focus sash as well as being one of the fastest pokemon in the format. It uses Aurora Veil at the right time to support the rest of the team.
Freeze Dry was…
- Aaron Zheng’s 1st Place Melbourne Challenge Team Report.
- Cell’s 77th Dex Off 1st place Report – Buzzwole Switch[VGC2017]
- JUNIO’s 2nd Place Kanto Regional Team Report[VGC2017]
- Syaron’s Tap Koko-Ninetales(Alola) [VGC2017]
- VGC 2017 Metagame Report January
- Gavin’s San Jose Regionals 1st place Report
- Catme’s 1st Place Battle Road Gloria 2017 Chubu region qualifier Team report
- Chuppa Cross’s Top 8 Georgia Regionals Team Report[VGC2017]
- バトルロードグロリア2017全国大会まとめ 2017.03.24
- 【WCSレートS1最高1位】レヒレポリZレポート[VGC2017] 2017.01.02
- 【バトルロードグロリア中国予選 優勝】 スカーフフライゴン偽装トリパ[VGC2017] 2017.03.24
- 【せやなオープンⅠ 優勝】 ギガイアス＆ポリゴン２スイッチ剣[VGC2017] 2017.03.27
- 【北陸オフ３位】 ライバニラ[VGC2017] 2017.03.25
- 王冠利用Lv.100までのレベル上げまとめ 2016.11.24
- サンムーン孵化効率検証。最速孵化はどの走り方か 2016.11.21
- VGC2017使用可能ポケモンリスト 2016.11.14
- ポケモン構築一覧 2016.08.05
- [Regional]アメリカ・オレゴン州ポートランド地区大会まとめ 2017.03.27